What a milestone and story! We are thrilled to report back to you that thanks to the generosity of the our donors towards the Emthonjeni Programme in 2013 that:
- we expanded with a new site
- the percentage of children not accessing ECD education has been reduced by 70% in the area
- Emthonjeni children are given a once-weekly joint session with children from formal ECD centres
- The first 5 children have graduated to grade R and received certificates
- 12 parents have been employed from the area.
- The Programme has contributed in reducing the level of sexual abuse on children in the area.
- We have had some parents praising the organisation for giving them the opportunity to volunteer and later became employed.
- Sikhula Sonke has contributed to and revived the hopes of the unemployed youth by securing them contractual employment to the Independent development trust.
- Youth, Caregivers and some of the parents have acquired Early Childhood development skills through our training and children's activities.